To qualify for a matching grant, the NGO must be a certified nonprofit and nongovernmental organization in its respective country. Team4Tech may make an initial matching grant of up to $15,000 to our NGO clients at the start of a project for the purchase of necessary hardware, software and peripherals. For example, grant funds can be used to purchase:
- Hardware: computers, networking equipment, storage drives
- Software: purchases, licenses
- Peripherals: headsets, speakers, microphones, projectors, whiteboards
- Supporting infrastructure: classroom furniture (tables, desks, chairs), security cabinets
- Recurring costs for the length of the 3-5 year partnership: Internet subscriptions, electricity expenses
NGO clients are expected to match the funding with cash or in-kind investments to demonstrate support for the project.